Save the date for the Arizona Commerce Authority’s (ACA) Kick-Off event for the fall 2012 Arizona Innovation Challenge! The event will be on August 15th, the first day that the application submission window is open for the fall Challenge. The convention and party start at 3:30 PM and will continue through 7:00 PM!
Besides serving as a kick-off for the fall round of the Challenge, our goal is to celebrate and help to further connect the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Arizona! While invitations have been sent out for this event, if you feel your organization can benefit from exposure to the start-up/early-stage innovation ecosystem in Arizona, then please RSVP to AlisaC@azcommerce.com by August 9th.
DOUG DUCEY – Arizona State Treasurer / Chairman of iMemories / former CEO & Chairman of Cold Stone Creamery
CLATE MASK – CEO and Co-Founder of Infusionsoft
Event Sponsor: Infusionsoft
Attendees include start-up and early stage companies, including past companies who applied to the previous Innovation Challenges (including past winners), as well as investors, mentors, incubators/accelerators, and other service providers to Arizona’s innovation community. Our focus is primarily on technology and science-based entities, which fit the criteria of the Innovation Challenge competition (see azinnovationchallenge.com for more details).
While this will be a “convention” of sorts, with some presentations and displays, the event format will be more of a casual, celebration atmosphere to mix and mingle with fellow entrepreneurs. We are expecting hundreds of attendees…
- Day: August 15, 2012
- Time: 3:30 PM through 7:00 PM
- Location: The Levine Machine Building – 605 E. Grant St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The building is in the Downtown Phoenix warehouse district, near Chase Field. For a quick view of how cool this venue is, see their video on their home page at http://levinemachine.com (it is a long video, but just watching the first 2 minutes will give you a flavor for it!). The building itself is very unique and, already houses several hi-tech companies.
- Parking: There is a large parking lot across Grant Street from the Levine Machine Building for self-parking your vehicle. Look for the electronic billboards. The entrance to the lot is on Lincoln Street to the north.
- Attendance: Our goal is to have hundreds of attendees and to make this as big as possible! Already confirmed are a dozen incubator/accelerator organizations, several investor groups, and many mentors and other service providers. Along with the incubators and accelerators, dozens of entrepreneurial companies have already reserved display tables!
- Display Tables: On a first-come, first-served basis, companies interested in buying a display table for the event may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Tables are $45, for a standard 6 foot table, and include 2 chairs and a table cloth.
- Food/Drink: Light appetizers and beverages will be provided.
…So, thank you very much for your time and consideration to join us on August 15th! We look forward to your participation to help make Arizona the best state for entrepreneurs in the Nation!